Wednesday, August 4, 2010

on the fourth day of gratitude

I am grateful for my family. I love them so gosh darn much, even when they drive me so gosh darn crazy. I have been truly blessed to be born into the family I have.
My dad is my hero. As long as I can remember, he's either been a Bishop, in the Stake Presidency, or High Council at church. He's dedicated his life to the gospel, and I respect that. My dad has suffered through cancer twice, but never once have I heard him complain. Through all my life, I've never heard him complain once. My dad has a great sense of humor. My dad would always give me the same advice whenever I left the house: "Alyssa, don't be stupid." (sadly, i don't think this advice is part of his sense of humor, but straight up advice.) I'm so happy to be "his girl." I have always felt close to him, and know he will always love me, even when I am stupid.
My mom is my example. My mom has been through so much in her life, she has come such a long way. It breaks my heart to think of the life she had growing up in an alcoholic and abusive home. I see the way she's raised us kids, providing us a home of love and care. She tries to be the best mom possible, I don't think she realizes she already is the best mom I could have asked for. Despite all of our arguments, at the end of the day she is usually right. She is constantly giving; serving is her favorite thing to do. I am always able to talk to my mom about anything, even when I do actually mess up. She has set an example of what a mother is, as well as a wife.
I have six brothers and sisters, it would take too long to write about them individually. But my siblings are my best friends. They have set an example for me, even my younger sister. Most of my favorite memories and best laughs involve all of them. I am so thankful to be their sister.
Like Nephi, I have been born of goodly parents who love the Lord. They created the people I call my family. I am truly honored to be a member of this heritage. I know families can be together forever. I look forward to this promise. Someday I will have a family of my own, I will teach them the things my own has taught me.
I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment