Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a little late, eh?

The past few weeks have been pretty crazy, haven’t had too much time to work on el blogo. But regardless, I’ve taken time of my day to think of the different things I am grateful for.
I am grateful for the simplicity of honesty. I never really thought much of it. I’ve always considered myself an honest person, at times a little too honest. But I’ve come to realize it’s more than just saying ,“Yeah, I tell the truth.” It’s also about being honest with myself. I struggle with this.
I tell myself I’m not good enough. I tell myself I’m not pretty enough. I tell myself I’m not smart enough. These are all lies I’ve allowed myself to believe. Who’s to say that we’re not good enough? The world would be a bit easier if we were more honest.
Last weekend I went camping and rafting with my friends. I was grateful for this experience. I slept under the stars for the first time! I went rafting for the first time! It was so much fun. I love my friends.
I’m grateful for the temple. Tonight I went to the Oakland temple, lied down on a bench, and just looked up at the sky. It was so beautiful. There was so much on my mind, and unfortunately I wasn’t feeling all to that good. But I can’t say I didn’t feel one thing that so many of us forget: We are children of God, a God who loves us despite ourselves. God is real. Temples are a little piece of heaven. I cannot wait until the day I will be able to enter into it with my future husband who not only loves me, but first loves the Lord.
Speaking of heaven, I’m grateful for warm showers.
This Sunday I’m giving a talk on church. Wish me luck. I’ll be needing it.
The Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, I wanted to tell you how much I love your new "series" of gratitude. What a great idea. And, for the record, I always loved being around you in YW. You always had me laughing and entertained. You are a natural-born leader and everyone wants to be around you. You are clever and stylish and adorable, and I really love the blog template - so cute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your series, too! You are such an awesome young lady! never let anyone convince you otherwise. (They're nuts :)

    ReplyDelete